Est. June 12th 2009 / Desde 12 de Junho de 2009

A daily stopover, where Time is written. A blog of Todo o Tempo do Mundo © / All a World on Time © universe. Apeadeiro onde o Tempo se escreve, diariamente. Um blog do universo Todo o Tempo do Mundo © All a World on Time ©)

quarta-feira, 17 de junho de 2020

Meditações - it will outlive the cockroaches...

It’s important to get the right analog clock, of course. I had one that made a relentless clicking sound, forcing me to wear earplugs for years. Eventually I bought another at a garage sale, a squarish thing from the 1960s with one broken leg, a beauty, but it buzzed 24 hours a day. Next I bought one on Etsy made of repurposed iron. The hands got tangled, and the minute dragged the hour with it in a wrenching existential battle.

At last, this year I got one at a drugstore: $5, a couple of simple hands. No funny business. It’s perfect. Silent, rolling. So small I can fit it in my palm. An every­person’s clock. If it’s anything like the clocks of my youth, it will outlive the cockroaches.

Deb Olin Unferth

Sem comentários: