Est. June 12th 2009 / Desde 12 de Junho de 2009

A daily stopover, where Time is written. A blog of Todo o Tempo do Mundo © / All a World on Time © universe. Apeadeiro onde o Tempo se escreve, diariamente. Um blog do universo Todo o Tempo do Mundo © All a World on Time ©)

domingo, 7 de novembro de 2021

Meditações - I awoke to my alarm clock

Another Travelin’ Song


Well I'm changin all my strings

I'm gonna write another travelin' song

About all the billion highways

And the cities at the break of dawn

Well, I guess the best that I can do now

Is pretend that I done nothing wrong

And a dream about a train that's gonna

Take me back where I belong

Well, now the ocean speaks and spits

And I can hear it from the interstate

And I'm screaming at my brother on a cell phone

He is far away

I'm saying nothing in the past or future

Ever will feel like today

Until we're parking in an alley

Just hopin' that our shit is safe

So I go back and forth forever

All my thoughts they come in pairs

Oh, I will, I won't, I do, I don't

I'm not surprised

But I never feel quite prepared

Now I'm hunched over a typewriter

I guess you'd call that paintin' in a cave

And there's a word I can't remember

And a feeling I cannot escape

And now my ashtray's overflowing

I'm still staring at a clean white page

Oh, and morning's at my window

And she is sending me to bed again

Well, I dreamed a dark on the horizon

I dreamed a desert where the dead lay down

I dreamed a prostituted child

Touching an old man in a fast food crowd

I dreamed a ship was sinking

There was people screaming all around

And I awoke to my alarm clock

It was a pop song, it was playin' loud

So I will find my fears and face them

I will cower like a dog

I will kick and scream

I will kneel and plead

I'll fight like hell, to hide that I'm givin' up

Conor Oberst, I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning (2005)

Sem comentários: